Introduction – 1st September 2017
Park Ratana is sponsored by John Michael from USA at US$50 per month:
Ratana is a 5-year-old boy born in 2012 and lives in Angela village with his grandma who is not his real grandma. He has no known parents and Choice provided milk to his grandma when he was a baby until he was 3 years old.
He enjoys coming to school on the water truck to study at the Choice Center. He has been attending Choice kindergarten for almost a year now. He has been learning to read, write and pronounce the English alphabet. He likes to play marbles and dice games.
- Photo taken 1st September 2017
- Photo taken 12th January 2017, Ratana with Srey Pich and Lily.
- Photo of baby Ratana with grandma in 2012.
- Ratana with his new school year uniform, October 2017
- John meets Ratana and helps him to learn how to write letters, 17th November 2017
When his sponsor John came to visit Cambodia for the first time, he bought a cheap second hand bicycle for $35 from St 107, near St 182 where many bicycle shops are located. This proved to be a convenient and fun way for him to explore Phnom Penh and avoid the costs and hassles of using motos and tuk tuks all the time. Then when he left, he donated the bike to Choice to be given to one of the kids.